Tuesday 1 January 2013

Reflection on 2012

I looked back at my blog posts for the past year and realised I haven't been blogging much. I have been an armchair reader, going from sites to sites except my own. When I decided to write this post to reflect on the past year, I wished I had blogged more so that it can be a reference for this post and a reminder of what has happened in the past year. Now I shall rely on my memory to reflect on the past year, maybe that's good too as I will only pick out the eventful ones...
  • The passing of my grandmother, someone who took care of me during the most part of my childhood while the parents were at work and I would like to think she's at at better place now.
  • Looked back at my blog name and realised I have shelved most of my hobbies, baked less than 5 times, cooked less than 5 times and of course haven't used that sewing machine for the longest time. I am putting it down on my to-do list to do more of these in the new year!
  • I received a 10-year long service award at the company's D&D this year. 10 years have passed and it seemed like yesterday I joined the company almost right after graduation. That's close to 1/3 of my life!
  • Travelled to Europe mid this year and had a one-in-a-lifetime chance to drive some amazing cars in the black forest in Germany. A check off the bucket list for me!
  • Have always wanted to visit the New York City and Niagara Falls and the hub and I finally went this year. We drove for 7 to 8 hours from Washington D.C. to Niagara Falls in Canada and fulfilled that dream of mine! Took a thousand islands cruise and wished we can own a little island of ours one day. That's another story for another day when I blog about our trip. :)
  • Having always imagined to have a photography exhibition of some sorts of my own some day (I think that's every artist or photographer's dream), I had the opportunity to display some (13 to be exact) of my photos at a Art Loft for a charity event where the proceeds of the sales of the reprints of the photos go to charity. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
  • I participated in the Boys' Brigade Share-A-Gift event where together with my colleagues, contributed and delivered groceries to the less fortunate in the society. It served as a reminder of how fortunate we are and to count our blessings.
  • Mom's health has taken a turn, not exactly for the worst yet but definitely deteriorating at a never before rate and it's sad to know that one day she will not remember who we are but it's a reminder to cherish the times we have now.
  • Lastly we made the biggest purchase of our lives so far and we will be moving house in February. We both felt a little sad that we will be leaving this place we called home for 5 years..the familiar neighbourhood, the drive home, the malls, the neighbours... But I am sure we will get used to the new place in no time.
It seems and feels like a very long year for me, longer than the other years, is it because there are so many changes or highlights or am I getting old? Haha whichever it is, here's wishing everyone a fantabulous 2013 filled with peace, love, joy, happiness and good health!

PB160129

IMG_2510

PC120368 Travel Pix PC150391

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...